Mt. Lebanon School District was interested in a blog engine for classroom use. The blog engine had to be designed for classroom use. I developed the Blog Engine with the following features:
- Classroom Blogs allow Parents, Students and Teachers a place to collaborate
- Teachers can filter blog comments multiple ways to efficiently grade student participation
- Comments can be moderated prior to posting and flagged for removal
- Mini Blogs allow a student to own a blog under a Teacher’s supervision
- If enabled, Conversations allow for an in blog chat window for live collaboration
- My Blogs landing page provide an overview of blogs that you have participated in. Parents have a similar landing page including what blogs their child has participated in.
I can not grant public access to the classroom level blogs as these are password protected. Additional information and screenshots are available upon request.
Please feel free to visit one of the public blogs: